Drone/UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) Policy
Drones, Unmanned Aircraft Systems (“UAS"), Unmanned Aircraft ("UA"), Remotely Operated Aircraft ("ROA"), and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles ("UAVs"), are all terms occasionally used to identify unmanned aircraft and are individually and collectively referred to in this Policy as "UAVs." Moscone Center Management (Operator) may permit the operation of UAVs inside and in close proximity to the Facility, provided that Licensee complies with the following terms and conditions, and guarantees that the following conditions are strictly adhered to:
For the use of Drones/UAVs at The Moscone Center, Licensee must:
- Provide a written, detailed description of the proposed UAV (including make, model number, and manufacturers guidelines), and the location, date, and time proposed for the UAV operation to the Operator;
- Provide documentation satisfactory to Operator (in Operator's sole discretion) that the UAV operator has been trained and is qualified to operate the UAV.
- Ensure compliance at all times with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and procedures issued by federal, state, and local governmental authorities or the operator of any airports or nearby sporting facilities, including without limitation the Federal Aviation Regulations (“FARs”) and any rules and regulations issued by the FAA or the TSA as amended, modified or supplemented from time to time.
- Secure written approval from Operator before any UAV is operated in or near the Facility or in connection with Licensee's event.
- Prior to use, Moscone Center Security must physically view the UAV to ensure it meets the weapons prohibition requirement.