Moscone Center Lobbies - Rules for Use
Lobby area plans must be provided under the conditions listed under floor plan submission and must indicate the dimensions and location of all equipment to be placed by or through the event’s general service or registration contractor. This includes but is not limited to counters, tables, kiosks, draped or hard-walled storage and lounge areas, computer stations, and any other equipment to be placed in lobby areas.
- Covered booths in lobby areas must have open-grid ceilings in which the openings are ¼” or more and where the thickness or depth of the material is no greater than ¼”. The ONLY exception to this is for a room used for cash handling by show management. Booths with any other type of covering for any other use are not permitted in lobby spaces.
- Covered booths require written approval by the Moscone Center Fire Marshal.
- A minimum of 25’ of clear space must be maintained in front of all escalators.
- A minimum of 15' of clear space must be maintained in front of all entrances/exits.
- Liquid & gas-fueled vehicles may not be exhibited in any lobby spaces in Moscone West.
- Liquid & gas-fueled vehicles may be exhibited in street level lobby spaces in Moscone North & South with written approval from The Moscone Center Fire Marshal.
- Electric vehicles are permitted for display in all lobby spaces with written approval from The Moscone Center Fire Marshal, and may not be plugged in for charging on any carpeted surfaces.
- Hybrid vehicles are not permitted in the West Lobbies.