City and Privately Owned Branding Locations

City of San Francisco
Light Poles

If you plan to place signs or banners on City property throughout San Francisco (including City-owned kiosks, light poles, etc.), you must obtain permission from the Department of Public Works at (415) 554-5800.  For information on event marketing and pole banners, visit @ San Francisco Travel Banners for Conventions.@


Sidewalk Graphics

Graphics decals placed on the city sidewalks for event directional use on Howard, 3rd, or 4th Streets is under the jurisdiction of the San Francisco Department of Public Works.  The licensee will need to submit a Temporary Occupancy Permit request for the sidewalk graphic decals.


Please include the type of material to be adhered to the sidewalk (slip resistant and easily removed), typically: 3M 3662-10. 


The licensee’s Certificate of Liability insurance is required and SFDPW can provide specific wording and whether Additional Insureds and an endorsement is required.  Detailed insurance information is available here: Sample Temporary Occupancy COI



Metreon – Billboards/Pocket Park:

The Metreon has 5 large exterior banner locations along 4th Street, facing Moscone West that are available for rent.

The Metreon’s Pocket Park located at the corner of 4th and Howard Streets is also available for promotional opportunities.

For pricing and specifications, please contact: Angelique Hui, Sales & Events Manager, Metreon - 415-369-6003 or